Do you really know your team?
I recently travelled to Nepal to meet with our team based there, something I do 2-3 times a year. On this trip I spoke with them about their visions for our business, their role in our family and our collective futures. If you don’t speak to your team, you can’t really know your team. And if you don’t know them, you’re not on their journey with them.
Here are some of their headline thoughts that impacted on me, and continue to impact on me, the most:
- My vision is to see us as a brand and not just a company.
- I feel like we are going to grow much more as a company and individuals.
- We feel like a family and not just an employee.
- We nurture everyone as a family member and teach them to be a better human being .
- My personal vision is to have a life of meaning for myself and others.
- It is important to me to live my life in a way that shows kindness, care, and concern for family and friends and even strangers.
- I want to earn respect for myself based on a recognition of my accomplishments and abilities.
- I want to maintain a sense of appreciation of the beauty of nature, and a sense of humour.
- I want to have a career that includes constant learning and improvement for myself, but that also creates an atmosphere of pleasurable learning and improvement for others.
- I want to work with and around people as well as seek new sources for learning and growth.
- Whenever I had a conversation regarding a project, each and every point are being explained which helps me a lot.
- We had a great meeting today and know more about the business. Thank you for making us as a part of Crisp Web and providing the invaluable guidance and direction.
- I’ve learned so many things within this company and am eager to learn more and elaborate my skills.
- I want to live a moral, principled, physically fit life and be an influential model to my family and my coworkers.
- I want friends whose lives I treasure and who treasure mine.
- I want to earn enough money through regular income and investments to make me and my family comfortable and secure.
- It has taken a lot for me to be here today. So it’s a big deal for me.
- I want to be a renowned designer.
- It was very fantastic hearing the business growth ideas from you.
- The vision of the company and its idea to improve us and increase the resources over here in Nepal to make us a bigger team is really great.
- To keep moving forward we need to challenge ourselves us in the upcoming days too.
Am humbled and honoured to have such wonderful humans around me and on my journey and I hope they know I am with them on their journey too.
Have a great weekend.